Invited to a Norwex Party and couldn’t make it? Don’t care for MLMs. Or didn’t want to feel obligated to your host? Come on, we’ve all been there.) I spent a couple of painful early teen years, while my parents struggled to “soar with the eagles while being stuck with the turkeys” suffering many other trite, hackneyed motivational quotes bandied about with gusto. I TOTALLY get it. I don’t want to “sell” anything.
I am passionate about removing toxins from my life. My health, and that of my family, depends on it. The more I learn, the more passionate I become. (You can read more about how I got here, here.) Please allow me show you something amazing.
Norwex, created from “Norwegian Experience”, was started in North America in 1999 by Debbie Bolton, an entrepreneur who’d discovered Bjorn Nicolaisen’s Little Red Cloth while traveling in Norway.
Norwex products improve quality of life by radically reducing the use chemicals in your home and making cleaning faster and easier than ever. It’s really best if you can see the products in person–it’s just amazing. It is to kick your chemical cleaners to the curb and make your home a safer haven for you and your family.
Wanna hear it from an outside source? Here’s an NBC Action news report:
Microfiber–How it works
What is so great about Norwex?
Norwex Microfiber is 1/200th the size of a human hair and can hold up to seven times its weight in matter. As you lightly wipe the surface, the microfiber attracts and draws up even the smallest particles of dust, trapping them in the fibers.
The thread woven into a single EnviroCloth, if unravelled, is more than 10 million feet (3 million meters) long–would extend from Canada to Mexico. The dense loops of this weave enable the cloth to pickup 99% of bacteria from a surface.
Norwex Baclock Microfiber is one of the most innovative products in cleaning. Unlike cotton cloths that will spread the dirt, grease, and other particles around, Norwex Microfiber, when used wet, lifts these particles up into the cloth and away from the surface. Once inside the cloth, the micro silver in the cloth goes to work with self purification properties against the mold, fungi and bacterial odor within 24 hours so that it is ready to use again.
All Norwex Microfiber is backed with an exceptional 2 year warranty.
Did you know?
Did you know these facts? I didn’t. But now I do and I’ve made the choice to change the world, one home at a time…starting with mine.
- The air pollution in your home is 2-5 times greater than outdoor pollution (as stated by EPA–Environmental Protection Agency). One major cause is chemical cleaners we use every day!
- Women who work in their home are at a 54% higher risk of developing cancer than women who work outside the home (results from a 15 year study by the National Cancer Association)
- The use of dryer sheets are one of the top 5 causes of house fires as well as being one of the 3 most toxic chemicals in your home (oven cleaner, drain cleaner and fabric softener)
- Many of the cleaning and personal care products we use contain harmful chemicals that have been proven to lead to serious health issues (e.g. Endocrine
- Over 80,000 new chemicals have been created since the industrial revolution, of which, only ~200 have been tested for toxic effects on humans
- And the cancer rate in the same period of time has gone from 1 in 8,000 to 1 in 3)
- Once you have sprayed and inhaled a chemical cleaner, it only takes 26 seconds to absorb into your bloodstream and every organ in your body
- Up to 287 toxic chemicals have been found in the umbilical cord blood of a newborn baby
Norwex and water vs window cleaner and a paper towel–who do you think is gonna win?
Windows are great, but what about the really germy areas in your home? Can you sanitize your home, without toxic bleach and other products? With just a little cloth and water? Really? Really!
The chicken Test
Fellow consultant, Kelly Bracken, scientifically proves how with just an Envirocloth and water, you remove 99% of bacteria from you home.
And if Norwex is picking up all the tiny little proteins, here’s a size comparison so you can see all the bigger stuff that is cleaned up as well.
Fellow consultant, Melissa Spencer, compares to Clorox wipes under black light.
These are a few to offenders that a lot of us have in our homes.
Environment Working Group (ewg.org) tests and rates everything from food to household cleaning chemicals. Norwex is in the process of getting our products rated on their site.
Cut your cleaning time by 75%
Kelly again, shows us how quickly you can clean your entire house:
How many harsh chemicals are you around everyday? You don’t have to be if you use Norwex. I absolutely love these products and how safe they are to have around children and pets. All Microfiber products have a two-year warranty too! How awesome is that?! Start eliminating the chemicals you’re around on a daily basis, with one of our Starter Packages today!
Love to clean? You will love Norwex. Hate to clean? You will really love Norwex! Clean 90% of your home with water, the Norwex EnviroCloth & Window Cloth. Spend 75% less time cleaning! Plus, it frees up valuable real estate under the bathroom and kitchen sinks.
The amazing mop
And when it’s time to do your floors….No chemicals, no soap, no bucket!
( I find it easier to use the brush while the dry pad is still attached to the mop — gives it structure.)
The rubber brush is such a valuable accessory, I give any customer the brush ($14.99) FREE with the purchase of the Superior Mop System. Please contact me directly to order so that I can add that item and it’s credit directly to your order. (I can’t modify your order if you place it thru the web store).
I blogged about my own experience with the mop system (includes before after pics and an honest review of what I was scared would just be a glorified Swiffer).
I have tried counting how many chemicals I am exposed to everyday and I just lose track. Now I am doing what I can to protect my family and have since radically reduced the chemicals we use. It feels good. Here’s what I was able to get rid of using my Norwex products (so far):
Because we’ve been taught to use a different product for each job, the typical home spends $600-$800 per year in household cleaning products. Replace this with the Just Add Water Package, with its two-year warranty, and the question is: What are you going to do with the over-$1000 you are saving for those two years? And the cloths work far beyond the warranty period if properly cared for, up to at least 500 washes.
How To Care for your Microfiber
The trick to keeping your microfiber as effective as possible is to use a really clean laundry detergent. See how the Norwex Ultra Power Plus (UPP) laundry detergent compares.
Additionally, UPP is HE certified and can be used to clean so many things. Use as an all-purpose spray (safe to use on your Envirocloths) to get up stubborn messes, make into a paste to clean grout or tile, and much more. It’s fragrance free — however some like their clothes to smell good. You can always drop a couple drops of essential oil on your dryer balls and it makes it smell great!
Got stainless steel appliances? Don’t you just hate the stains nothing seems to get rid of? Or the slick floor from the silicon-based cleaners? A tiny bit of UPP diluted in a spray bottle and an Envirocloth followed by the polishing Window Cloth . . . and viola!
Stains gone! Streak free! Zero elbow grease. (If you’ve got a buildup of cleaner, you make have to clean 2-3 times to remove the build-up at first).
The detergent has many uses, and is SUPER concentrated–costing as little as 2 cents a load! I started using 1/4 tsp for a large load in my HE front loader, but increased it to 1/2 tsp when I noticed odor in the loads of my teen boys’ clothes, so I get 552 loads out of my bag of UPP, costing me around 4 cents per load. A little bit goes a LONG way.
Detoxing our Body
So, we remove all the toxic cleaning products from our homes, what about what we’re putting on our skin? In our hair?
Norwex Makeup Removal Cloths and Body Cloths replace the soap you are using in the shower….yes….even for your unmentionable parts! My teens have been using the Body Cloths, only, on their faces. They find it works better than the Proactive and the prescription medication they had been using. I also use these to wipe down the toddler after messy meal times.
Check out this before & after of our Makeup Removal Cloth. It has a suede-like feel and can be used very wet or use a little bit less water for more exfoliation. To get off tough mascara, hold it over your eye for a few seconds and then gently wipe away the raccoon eyes. This is one of our top sellers.
Fellow consultant, Christy Kozar demonstrates:
I am loving the Crystal Deodorant. It WORKS. And it doesn’t turn my armpits dark like the other natural (baking soda) deodorants I’d tried.
The turban helps curls form better and hair dries much faster. No curl cream needed, so less chemicals there, too.
Cleaning the bathroom
When Water needs a boost
What are enzymes?
They’re proteins produced by all living organisms that act as catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that would otherwise occur at a much slower rate or not at all.
Enzymes act as catalysts – They take part in and accelerate a chemical reaction, without being consumed themselves in the process. Once the reaction has gone to completion, the enzyme involved is set free, ready to be used again.
In theory, this could go on for ever, but in practice an enzyme has a limited lifetime, and it is therefore necessary to provide a fresh supply.
- Different enzymes digest different materials.
- They also have different tolerances towards heat/cold, pH and the presence of oxygen.
- Enzymes breakdown large particles into smaller pieces.
- The smaller molecules are digested to carbon dioxide and water.
- Enzymes are unique because they do not lose their functionality after having digested one particle but continue to work on the next one.
- This means that one enzyme protein molecule can act on many substrate molecules. Eventually, all the substrate is gone and the enzyme stops working. Also, the enzyme will eventually break down on its own.
- The organisms are cultivated with nutrients and agar and incubated at the optimal temperature for the organisms to grow.
- In a large tank containing previously sterilized raw materials and water the organisms reproduce and adapt to the environment and nutrients that they will encounter later on.
- LATER they are transferred to a larger tank where temperature, pH and dissolved oxygen are carefully controlled and additional nutrients are added to optimize enzyme production.
- Microorganisms occur in all biological systems.
- They stem from natural sources, and when broken down simply return to nature without posing a threat to the environment.
- All Norwex products are based on natural-born microorganisms/enzymes (found everywhere in nature) and consequently harmless to human beings, animals and nature.
- Enzymes products are safer – Enzymes come from biological systems, and when finished they are readily absorbed back into nature – biodegradable and #non-toxic.
- Likewise, the targets of the enzymatic conversion are non-toxic and readily broken down to their basic elements.
- Compared with chemical cleaning, enzymes are more specific, more efficient, and work under milder conditions. Most enzymes function at normal room temperatures with a neutral ph factor, similar to water. By working in neutral conditions, they save energy, provide safer cleaning conditions, and are easier to use.
The Cleaning Paste is like a little extra elbow grease and one of my Top 10 Favorites. I turn to cleaning Paste when I need that little extra cleaning power….like when the kids write on the floor or wall with a permanent marker like these before-and-afters.
For some great examples of what Norwex can do, check out the Norwex Before & After Pinterest Board.
Norwex for your Kitchen
Fellow consultant Amanda DeSonia discusses which cloth does what:
Kitchen Helpers Slide show
THIS is why I use Norwex! No more nasty chemical residue around the house.
For those that like to do their homework, like I do, you can explore Norwex, the company and the products, by visiting my website at www.JulieVito.norwex.biz
Our flagship products are our Microfiber. I love that as it hangs to dry it self-sanitizes and it is ready for the next use! If you could have only one Norwex Product, I highly recommend starting with the EnviroCloth. It has so many uses! I keep them in the house, my purse, and also in my car. They are my best ally in keeping things tidy.
Animal Lovers are fans of these Items. We’ve a St. Bernard — I can tell you about hair!
And if your ponies are horse-powered:
Norwex in the classroom:
These are some great tools for camping.
One thing that really makes Norwex parties special are the people we get to share the mission of Norwex with. It is amazing how reducing toxic chemicals can change a life, and I am continuing to make choices that will improve my health, save time, save money, and help out this planet we live on . . . and have joy in the journey. Thank you, Norwex and thank you!
I’d love a chance to come and show you how amazing these products are. If you’ve been invited to a party, I hope to see you there so you can see Norwex in action and get your hands on the product you’re most interested in.
If you’re not able to attend, you can always help your host qualify for lots of bonus gifts by booking a party for me to demonstrate these products to you and your friends in your home–or online if a Facebook Party is more your speed. I’m also happy to give a private demo, but if you can gather a couple of your friends, you can get FREE products. Check out the current Host Gifts in the Specials box below this post. The best part is, we don’t want you to tidy up beforehand–we’re demonstrating cleaning products, we need some dirt.
- Contact me via my website
- by calling me at 919.426.4472 or
- by e-mailing me at email@example.com
If you decide to support your host by shopping my online store, be sure to search for your host when checking out and select so that your order counts on her party. (Remember to contact me directly to purchase the Superior Mop System, as the system does not allow me to add the free rubber brush for online purchases.)
I have a great team; we work & play together to help each other be the best we can be. If you have thought about starting a business and helping people save time, money, health and the environment. Plus, get awesome discounts and commission!