What You Need:
4 large sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Juice of half of an orange
Salt and pepper to taste
4 drops Cinnamon essential oil
Most holiday meals leave us feeling sluggish and maybe a little guilty, but there is a silver lining to this tasty Thanksgiving treat. Check out some of the health benefits that this casserole contains:
- Sweet Potatoes– Though they are “sweet,” these vegetables still offer plenty of nutrients. Due to a low glycemic index, sweet potatoes can be helpful in maintaining energy and controlling blood sugar, which is helpful for everyone, especially those with diabetes.
- Orange– The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C in oranges help support heart health. Increasing potassium intake can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Nutmeg– Nutmeg can act as a sedative, and helps with inflammation, muscle pain, arthritis, and more.
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1. Place cooked sweet potatoes, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, nutmeg, orange juice, and Cinnamon essential oil into a large bowl. With a hand mixer, blend until everything is combined. If desired, you can add more maple syrup or essential oil.
2. Spread into an oven-safe dish and set aside.
3. Combine all topping ingredients until pecans are well coated. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
Tip: For additional deliciousness, drizzle maple syrup on top.
Essential oils can be purchased online – just click on Shop, or directly thru me. Perfect time to take advantage of todays BOGO and get a bottle of Clove essential oil free with the purchase of your Cinnamon!