Here are 7 ways to use essential oils for all-natural pest control:
- Use black pepper or oil around the edges of the bathroom or kitchen to repel ants.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water, 5 drops of cypress and 10 drops of peppermint oil to keep cockroaches at bay.
- Rub a drop or two of TerraShield (a blend of Skimmia Laureola, Catnip Plant, Amyris Bark, African Sandalwood, Cabrueva Balsam, Wild Orange Peel, White Fir Needle, cedarwood, Citronella Herb, Eucalyptus Leaf/Stem, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Genet Absolute, and Rose Flower essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil) with some fractionated coconut oil on your skin to keep mosquitos away.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water with 10 drops of eucalyptus oil and spray in the room to create fly-free area.
- Keep spiders at bay with cinnamon oil. Combine 10 drops of cinnamon oil with 1/2 cup of water and spray on the baseboards and around doors and windows.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water with 10 drops of clove oil to counter dust mites and garden pests.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water with 10 drops of orange oil and spray on plants to control aphids.